Monday, March 31, 2014

Christopher Scott Dixon's HOT excerpt

Christopher Scott Dixon gives us an excerpt of
The Making of Melissa

Excerpt:

     “Can you talk?”
     “Not for long, he’s in the shower, what are you doing ringing now, do you know what time it is?” Marcus ignored Melissa’s question.
     “Are you in bed?
    “Where else would I be at 3am in the morning!” Melissa listened as Marcus described in graphic detail what he’d like to do with her. She moved a hand down her body and started stroking slowly between her legs. She was aware that he was masturbating also, his breath getting heavier as he imagined her naked in her bed.
     “When are you free, we need to talk!” Marcus’s rich, velvety voice, a gorgeous combination of Barry White and Morgan Freeman was enough to start Melissa’s juices flowing and they both knew it. “I’ll have to hang up, he’s coming back!”
     “Call me!” Marcus urged then the line went dead. It wasn’t the first time Marcus had rung at such an ungodly hour, she knew he was a workaholic like herself, but she had to tell him of the risk of phoning at night when Alec was back. What did he want to talk about? They had only met for a couple of coffees with Melissa always anxious they were not discovered. Alec returned clad only in a pair of shorts. “How was the shift?” She managed finally as he slipped into the bed next to her. Alec gave a double take. “Why do you want to know?
     “Just trying to make conversation that’s all.” Alec broke wind, the stench flooding the bed. Melissa turned her head away in disgust and looked again at the clock, 3.20am. It was going to be a long night.

Naughty Readers Interviews

Christopher Scott Dixon
 
Naughty Readers: Readers love to know more about their authors. Tell us a bit about yourself.
Chris:  Hi Tonya and everyone, I was born in England, but I’m now living and working in Swansea, Wales. I’ve had a variety of careers including ten years with the BBC as a radio sports presenter/reporter, I’ve also written for over 30 years for many newspapers and magazines on business, lifestyle, property, education, food, travel etc and have been editor of four publications. I’ve been a professional actor, youth counsellor, HR manager in a supermarket, salesman. As well as England, I’ve lived and worked as a teacher, editor, writer in Taiwan, The Czech Republic, Greece, Thailand and now Wales. I love cricket, writing, music, movies, swimming, reading and social networking!
Naughty Readers:  Do you have a day job?
Chris:  Yes I do, I have been teaching for more than 21 years and I teach English, Business English and Media Studies full time at a language school in Swansea, so I do my writing around lesson planning and marking!
Naughty Readers:  Some of us have things we do to get into the writing frame of mind like music, or drinks. Do you have anything special you do to get into the writing mood?
Chris:  Good question, I do love coffee and chocolate, so they can energize and inspire me and music can be a great way to relax!
Naughty Readers:  Where do you keep story ideas? Where do they come from?
Chris:  Some of it is personal experience, you’ll have to guess which! As for the rest, expanding on thoughts, dreams and images and using imagination and reading other writers in the erotic field.
Naughty Readers:  If you’re self-published, can you tell us a bit about that and how it’s going for you?
Chris:  Yes, I am, I decided in 2013 to move from magazine writing to focus on books and managed to write five books across different genres-horror/mystery/suspense/poetry as well as my erotic themed stories. I’ve been pleased with the 5* reviews and the many positive comments readers have posted about the books. It’s great when they can engage with my characters, that’s really rewarding as a writer! Of course, like most of us who craft words, I would like the interest to be reflected in more sales, but I understand it can be a slow process in building up an audience!
Naughty Readers:  Are you a daytime writer, night time writer, and do you have to be alone to write?
Chris:  I’m comfortable with writing whenever I can, unlike many writers I don’t set word targets, for me that invites negativity if you fail to reach that ‘goal’. I’m really happy with however many I am able to fashion. The alone question is interesting, it depends on my mood. I do like silence, so I can gather my thoughts, but on many occasions my wife is sitting in our living room watching television and I can still concentrate, I guess you just need to have that tunnel vision, at least in my opinion!
Naughty Readers:  What advice would you give to new authors?
Chris:  I would say read, read, write, then read again! I knew when I was seven years old I wanted to be a teacher and a writer, as at that age I was already writing crude short stories. I would advise aspirant writers to learn to love language, to observe styles and how words are crafted, but to develop your own writing self. I don’t want to sound arrogant or pompous, but to me, the best writers create from the depths of their soul. One of my quotes is “When I’m not writing, I’m thinking about writing!” It is an obsession, even in a classroom, when my students are doing a test, I steal a quick opportunity to jot down some notes or plot developments!
Naughty Readers:  Do you write better when you first have an idea of what your characters look like or do you write, then add character looks?
Chris:  I am very organized when it comes to my teaching, but not inflexible, however, I’m very much a ‘pantser’ in my writing,  I mean I start with a rough outline of what the story is and how it will finish, but from then on my characters drive the narrative. I did have an idea of how Melissa the main character and Marcus would look like, but I found the personality of Melissa in my erotic novella The Making of Melissa changed as the story progressed.
Naughty Readers:  What attracts you most about women?
Chris:  Now there’s a question! I do love VERY feminine women, I want women to look like women. I love the whole of the female shape those glorious curves and contours, the smooth, soft skin! Accessories too have much appeal for me such as ankle chains, belly chains, toe rings etc, not to be absolutely dripping in bits and pieces, but enough to draw attention to those areas. As you well know, we mere men, are very visual creatures, so I’m easily and frequently attracted and distracted and long may it continue!
Naughty Readers:  We’re dying to hear about your latest book. What can you tell us without spoiling the storyline?
Chris:  I have six works in progress in different genres, but my next erotic short story is set in a retail environment and I hope is a very funny as well as a sexy read!
Naughty Readers:  Where can our readers find you and your books?
Chris:  I’m here, there and everywhere as the saying goes, on most of the social network platforms you can think of!
Naughty Readers:  Is there anything else you want to tell our readers?
Chris:  I’d like to say a big thanks to you Tonya and to the readers for the opportunity to be here, please continue to support indie and indeed all published authors with your reviews and comments, feedback is vital to us, so happy reading! Just also to mention Micro Erotica my book of erotic/romantic micro-poetry I think the best sex starts in the mind, so read this and it will arouse you!






Site Links: 
Twitter @CrickChris
     Googleplus
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Jacky, Thank you so much for being our guest this week. I'm sure all the readers are looking forward to reading the excerpt come Monday!

    ReplyDelete