Monday, September 15, 2014

Paige Matthews Interview and exerpt!



Secrets Can Destroy. Can they overcome theirs?



Faith Maguire has spent the last six years traveling the world running from her past and the secret she hides. After finding her fiancée cheating on her in Milan, Faith heads home to Fuquay Varina, NC. Faith plans to lick her wounds and take some time off until she is offered a position documenting the upcoming tour for Double Cross.

Gabe Cross has spent the last six years trying to forget the girl that broke his heart. As Gabe prepares for another three months on tour, he’s ready to do whatever he needs to do to keep the hurt and pain buried in women and booze. The plan was concrete until she shows up on tour.

Faced to confront the hurt and pain six years forgot-Gabe and Faith must learn how to move on from their pasts in order to have a future, but will their secrets prevent them from having their second chance


Great Interview with Paige Matthews!

Readers love to know more about their authors. Tell us a bit about yourself.
 

Hello everyone! I am Paige Matthews. I am an erotic romance author specifying in BDSM writing and a contemporary erotic romance. I love to read and hang out with my family when I am not writing. 


Do you have a day job?

Paige : Yup! And unfortunately it feels like the seventh layer of hell most days!
 

Some of us have things we do to get into the writing frame of mind like music, or drinks. Do you have anything special you do to get into the writing mood?
 

Paige: I go on kicks with my writing. Sometimes nothing comes out and then there are times I can go for a week and type out 30K words. I do use music for it a lot and enjoy having that on in the background.
 

Where do you keep story ideas? Where do they come from?

Paige: My ideas will hit me at random times. Most of the story ideas are in my head and the notes section of my iPhone. I love the voice recorder!

If you’re self-published, can you tell us a bit about that and how it’s going for you?

Paige: I believe it is going all right. I had an agent snicker at sales numbers the other day, but for me what I have accomplished is more than I ever thought I would be able to. I currently have a new series under consideration with a publisher, so I am keeping my fingers crossed there.

Are you a daytime writer, night time writer, and do you have to be alone to write?

Paige: I believe that my writing times depend on my schedule and mood. Sometimes I get up early with my daughter and write as she plays or I’ll write after they go to bed.
 

What advice would you give to new authors?

Paige: Never give up. Writing and making any dent in this business takes time and fortitude. Making sure you have a solid team behind you is the best piece of advice.
 

Do you write better when you first have an idea of what your characters look like or do you write, then add character looks?
Paige: I think I have a general idea of how the character looks like and then I go scroll the internet. If I google a certain look I can see if there are any “pictures” that stand out to me and I’m like “Yep, that’s the person”
 

What attracts you most about men?

Paige: I’m a sucker for the tattooed, pierced men that have a slight Alpha side, yet sweet romantic side.
 

We’re dying to hear about your latest book. What can you tell us without spoiling the storyline?

Paige: My newest book is the second book in the Double Cross series, which is my erotic rocker series. There is no BDSM in this series, but does give my take on the rocker fad. Crossover focuses on the drummer of the band and how he deals with the return of the one person that broke his heart. 


What is your favorite night time snack?

Paige: Chips
 

Do you like toppings on your ice cream?

Paige: I’m a simple girl: sprinkles or jimmies depending on what part of the US you are in.
 

What’s your favorite meal - Italian, Mexican, Thai, etc?

Paige: I have a favorite in each category! Italian- Penne a la Vodka, Thai- Hot basil Chicken, Mexican- quesadillas 


Is there anything else you want to tell our readers?

Paige: Thank you for all of your support and for taking a chance on a self-published author. I value all reviews and am thankful every time someone buys one of my books. 


Where can our readers find you and your books?

Paige: You can find me here:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment