Sunday, March 11, 2012

Meet Amber Skyze - Erotic Romance Author



Congratulations to Shadow!
Shadow won  copy of  I Wanna Sext You Up!

  Amber Skyze
Erotic Romance

     Readers, surprise!! You didn't know we had a 24 hour bubble bath going on in the dungeon, did you? LOL Thank you for stopping in to meet Amber! As we light more candles, grab your drink and come join us in the bubble bath! Clothing is optional, just slip in and join in the questions. Amber writes erotic romance and loves telling stories for her readers. Be sure to hop over and check out her sites when you finish here. She's also got a contest going on so comment to be in the drawing! 

Naughty Reader’s:  Love the cover, Amber! Tell us a bit about yourself.


Amber:  I’m relatively laid back, jeans and t-shirt girl. I’m very shy but always approachable. I love making up stories and giving readers an escape.

Naughty Reader’s:
  We think that's what important to our readers - that they find an escape from the daily grind and step into our worlds to see what our characters are doing that they wish they were doing! What made you want to become a writer?

Amber:   I was a stay at home mom reading two novels a day. One day I had this bright idea that writing a novel would be simple and I could do it. How naive I was back then. Though I’m glad because otherwise I might have been discourage.

Naughty Reader’s:
  Do you write under a pen name?

Amber:  I do.

Naughty Reader’s:
  What type of hero or heroine do you like best?

Amber:  I like a strong heroine. A woman who can hold her own. As for heroes I like a man who isn’t afraid of showing his true feelings.

Naughty Reader’s:  How many plots do you include in one of your books?

Amber:  Normally two.

Naughty Reader’s:  Readers love to know what a writer does with with their day. Tell us about a typical day in your life as a writer.

Amber:  I get up around 4am, check email, visit blogs and then I write for an hour or so. After that the house wakes up and I have to get ready for the dreaded day job.

Naughty Reader’s:  Oh, my! I think Brenda and Steve are just going to bed when you get up! Damn! Do your books have a common theme or are they all different?

Amber:  I feel they all vary. I'd love to share an excerpt with our readers so they can step into the story:


Excerpt:

     It’s over, Riley. U r just no good in bed. Boring in fact. I moved my things out earlier.
     Riley Anderson read the text for the hundredth time. She’d kept it to remind her of the asshole she’d spent too many years with. The words served as a reminder of all her anger and resentment for the jerk who hadn’t had the decency to break up with her face-to-face. No, he had to do it over text.  
     “Aaargh!” Riley raised the sledgehammer again. She brought the hammer down on the kitchen cabinet with every ounce of strength her arms possessed. “This is for you, dirt bag.” She sent the iron head crashing into another wooden door. “Not good in bed? Why because I didn’t get off on choking you until you almost passed out?”
     Aside from the last year of their relationship when Terry wanted to explore other fetishes, Riley believed they had a great thing going. She thought for sure he would be the man she’d marry. When she bought the house it was with the intention that someday Terry would be her husband and they’d fill the spare bedrooms with children. How wrong she’d been.
     The hammer smashed into the wood door of the overhead cabinet.
     “Because passing out wasn’t fun? Fuck you, Terry.”
      She repeatedly pounded away at the cabinets until she’d destroyed them all. “That’ll fix your ass, Terry.”
     She stood back and assessed the damage. She’d managed to tear apart the kitchen in less than an hour. Her arms were sore from the weight of the tiny wrecking ball, but that didn’t matter. She’d accomplished something her ex only promised her for the last year of their relationship. She’d started the renovation of the kitchen.
     Now that Terry had been gone for nine months, she’d do it on her own. She didn’t need him to remodel. Riley was a smart woman. She’d be her own fix-it handywoman.
     “Guess I’d better go to the hardware store and get a move on this.” She leaned the wooden handle of the hammer against the cracked wood of the cabinet and wiped her hands together.
     Satisfaction filled her soul.
     Riley retrieved her purse and keys from the Formica counter top and headed out the door -- one destination in mind. The local chain home repair store.
     The ride to the hardware store was a blur. Her only thought…what steps she’d need to take to get the work done. She’d have to put in new cabinets. She wanted new appliances. Stainless steel. Granite countertops were a must. Those Formica ones just wouldn’t cut it any longer.
     She pulled into a parking spot and turned off the car.
     “Time to buy a new kitchen.”
     Confidence radiated off her as she stepped into the large store. She felt proud. She had a project to do while she was on vacation. It’d likely take her longer than the week, but it would be a start.
     “Excuse me.”
     Riley turned to see if the man behind the sexy baritone was talking to her. She was surprised to see a gorgeous man holding a microphone walking toward her. A cameraman following closely behind him.
     “Yes,” she whispered. Dear God, please don’t be from the news. The last thing I need is to be on the local news looking disheveled. 
     “Hi, I’m Beckett Manning. I’m from Room Makeovers. Are you remodeling any rooms in your house today?”
      Holy shit! Riley’s mouth must have fallen to the floor. She’d seen the show a couple of times. Beckett looked ten times hotter in person. When she decided it was time to change the eighties-style kitchen, she’d begun watching all those makeover shows on the cable channel. Terry had watched with her promising they’d do the kitchen soon. Soon never came. The only thing Terry had managed to do was cheat on her with some bimbo. Years of promises vanished out the window along with Terry’s things.



Naughty Reader’s:  Wow! We love it! You go, girl! How long does it take you to write and then edit a story?

Amber:  *adding more hot water, making more bubbles*  Most times I can finish a 25k book in 4-6 weeks.

Naughty Reader’s:
  Do you have to be alone to write?

Amber:  Yes, I need quiet and my coffee.

Naughty Reader’s: 
How do you go about naming characters?

Amber:  Normally I’ll hear a name I like and it sticks with me. Whether on TV or people talking. 

Naughty Reader’s:  Is it easier to write about the characters if you find pictures of them before you write or do you write then find character pictures?

Amber:  I usually have a picture of my character prior to writing the book.

Naughty Reader’s:
  How do you pick locations for your stories?

Amber:  I think the story dictates where it’s located. I like to use a location I’m familiar with, though in Hit Me the location was Vegas and I’ve never been.

Naughty Reader's:  Where can our readers find you and your many books, Amber?

Amber:  My links are listed below and I love company! Please stop by! Don't forget to comment here or ask a question to be entered in the contest below!

 




CONTEST:   On the 17th, I'll pick a winner and one lucky commenter will win a copy of I Wanna Sext U up! To be entered be sure to leave your email addy so I can easily reach the winner. What is your favorite scented bubble bath?

Thank you all for
stopping to chat with me!



17 comments:

  1. Amber, this week will be so much fun just relaxing here in the bubbles. Do NOT tell The Boss where I am this week...my clone's at the office so I hope he doesn't notice too much of a difference!

    Thank you for being here with us and I hope our readers will have fun, too. You have so many books out! Congrats!

    Readers, *scootching over to make room* Come on in, the water's fine! We're glad you're here, bikini or not! Brenda's brought a few bottles of Bailey's for us so fill your glass as needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I stopped by from your blog. I have to tell you I love this excerpt and the idea of the story.

    You hit a chord because I love, and I mean love watching Scott on the show Income Property. I had to laugh the other day while watching sexy Scott swing a hammer. The woman said something like-- so you aren't just a pretty face for the camera-- you really do the work.

    Have a great time this week and here's to gaining many more followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, this bubble bath feels so relaxing. I've invited a few cabana boys to join us. If you ask nicely they may be inclined to give a massage!

    Thanks Kaye. I enjoy the home improvement shows too. I knew I had to write a story about one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber Skyze books are always sexy good fun!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Amber! Great excerpt--I liked "meeting" Riley--she sounds like an excellent heroine! And what a fun start to the story! Is this a stand-alone? Do you prefer stand-alones or series?

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. So in need of a massage!!
    Hey Amber, Tonya, Kaye, Katalina and flchen1, you guys didn't waste time getting in the bubbles!! LOL
    *setting three bottles of Bailey's on the bar, slipping into tub (clothes on, I'll behave!)* What a great way to relax.
    Amber, love the cover of your book; very clever! *raising glass* Here's to many sales! ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Adds more hot water and slips in up to neck) Ahhhhhh.....this is what I needed! I LOVE Bailey's (raises up, fills a cup to the brim and takes a long drink before sinking down up to my neck again) and I LOVE Amber's stories!

    I enjoy watching Yard Crashers and haven't watched any of the others, so every time we go to Lowe's, I'm always looking around to see if anyone's around with a camera crew! I could certainly use a new bathroom....kitchen....heck, I could use a new house, lol!

    Awesome excerpt and I'm looking forward to reading this!!

    storimom2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love bubble baths and lavender is my fave really relaxes me! Look forward to reading this book

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kat - thanks, you're always so supportive of my writing.

    flchen1 - this is a standalone. I love series. I enjoy reading and writing them. :)

    Tonya, thanks for the Bailey's. Don't mind if I help myself. I could use a drink or two right about now. LOL

    Kenzie - I watch Yard Crashers too. I want them to give mine a makeover.

    Thanks for dropping in Lynne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds great. My appetite is raring to go. I would love to change my house's interior (I'm like the one commenter-I'd love a new house). This little 2 bedroom bungelow was supposed to be a starter house but with the way our jobs went-we're still here 16 years later. Can't wait to see what all Riley is up to. Carolyn
    j-coverholser at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Carolyn. I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat with our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *adds more hot water and bubbles to the tub*
    Amber, do you have a critique partner; someone who reads over the MS before you send to the publisher?
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, sadly I don't. I used to have the hubby read it, but he takes too long! I'm not a patient person. LOL
    A friend did critique the paranormal I just finished because she writes them and I never had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. *refreshing all the glasses with Bailey's*

    There! Now we have fresh delicious drink while we soak and chat! *scoops up a handful of bubbles and blows them at everyone*

    Amber, what's up next for you and do you work on more than one book at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Wonderful interview and thank you for sharing your book! Sounds great! Love the covers of both books. :) My favorite scented bubble bath? I like anything thats lavender. I love the smell. :) Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for dropping in Shadow. It's always nice to meet new readers. :)
    And thanks to random.org you're the winner! I'll send your prize shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to give a special thanks to A Naughty Reader's Boudoir for allowing me to play in the tub this week. I had a ton of fun. Hope to come back again!

    ReplyDelete